mesytec MDLL is a delay line readout system for multi wire proportional counters with two delay lines. The position is determined from the delay of the signals from the two ends of a delay line. An anode signal is needed to start the signal processing. It includes discriminators (CFDs) and so allows direct processing of detector signals after amplification (input level -1 V).
- X and Y position calculation
- Anode amplitude is converted and available for adjustment
- Register adjustable to detector delays
from 100 ns to 500 ns
- List mode with time stamped events (100 ns resolution)
- Stand alone and NIM form factor
- In NIM case: can be time synchronized with several MDLL modules and mesytec MCPDs (neutron systems)
- Accepts -1 V analogue detector pulses, rise time typ.
10 ns to 35 ns.
(CFD- delays can be selected with jumpers)