The mesytec MVLC is a modern, FPGA-based VME Controller enabling VME module
readout at high trigger and data rates. VME bus signalling and internal command processing have
been optimized to achieve low latency readouts. An integrated logic module enables flexible
setup of the NIM I/Os and ECL outputs and allows to define custom trigger conditions using
internal logic blocks.
Firmware and documentation
- Low-latency, low-deadtime VME module readout
- Can handle high data and triggers rates
- 127 MB/s sustained transfer rate via USB3 (
event rate of 1MHz, event length of 104-120 bytes)
- Full utilisation of GBit Ethernet bandwidth
- Flexible Trigger and I/O logic module
- USB3, USB2 and GBit/s Ethernet connectivity
- Onboard SFP cage allows using copper or fiber based Ethernet
- Supported by the mvme software package
Firmware update instructions can be found here,
the latest firmware file is available here.
For more details refer to the mvme
documentation (includes a dedicated chapter about the builtin Trigger/IO
Further updates and more info coming in 2020!