mesytec MSTD-16 is a frontend module to read out up to 16 standard 3HE or BF3 neutron detector tubes. It can be remotely controlled and transmits time stamped amplitude data to the data collector. The high peak rates of modern spectrometers require fast readout electronics allowing to register data at the detector rate limit (about 100 kHz per tube)
with lowest possible dead time ratio.
- Rate capability: 100 kHz per tube, 800 kHz continuous per MSTD-16+ module with 16 detectors connected. Integrated data buffer for high peak rates.
- Efficiency: very stable due to clearly settable and stable amplitude thresholds
- Time stamping at frontend: 100 ns resolution
- Bias supply filtered up to 3500 V. Also well suited for BF3 filled tubes. Preamp inputs withstand full discharges of up to 2500 V.
- Detector interfacing: high voltage coax cables
(MSTD-16+ frontend connectors: SHV). Cable lengths up to 3 m have only minor effect on noise.
- Power consumption: 2.6 W at ±6 V, allows operation
- Data bus: Lemo cable, max 30 m length